Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Earls (Lansdowne)

Earls is practically almost everywhere and out of the 65 restaurants that they have, there are 24 here in BC, 2 in the US and 39 that are spread out across Canada. Earls is another one of the many restaurants that's been open for quite a long time now and being one of the kids in the 90's I was very pleased to have had a chance to be part of one of the many long standing restaurants in BC. Although I wasn't born here, you could say I was kind of raised here in 3 out of the 12 months each year and Earls is another one of the many places that we would always go to growing up. 

The Earls in Lansdowne Mall has a great location for parking but when it comes to targeting customers, I would say that the Earls in downtown is much better when it comes to attracting people during peak eating hours. They have a decent amount of options in their menu but sometimes you'll find that the taste of their food isn't as consistent  as when you last visited. I've been coming here since I was small and their menu has changed several times now. One of my favorites in their old menu was their Spicy Seafood Penne, but lo and behold, they took it out (which I think is a wrong move btw) Personally, I think it is one of their best pasta dishes although they currently have a spicy seafood linguini which tastes okay, but it's just not exactly the same as the Penne dish. (I think Penne is a better choice of pasta rather than linguini on such a dish like that but maybe that's just me) Anyway, since the Penne dish is gone, one of the things that we would usually order now is their Baked Brie and Chicken Ciabatta which is a combination of grilled chicken, melted brie, roasted apples, spinach, sweet fig jam, garlic mayo and their house baked ciabatta. They also make great salad dishes so try to at least order one out of their salad items in their menu. The service of the Earls branch in Richmond is still very good, the servers are always well mannered and some are even ahead of you when you want to get a refill with your drink (which I admire). The price is what you would expect with a western restaurant that has very chic urban interior and great service. The only improvement that they would only need I think is the regularity of their taste and maybe bring back some of their old dishes, I'm sure other people may want to see some of their old favorites back.. including me.

Clam Chowder
Caesar Salad
Crispy Chicken Tenders

One Pound Wings
Mixed Field Greens
Warm Spinach and Feta Dip
Baked Brie & Chicken Ciabatta


Earl's (Lansdowne Centre) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment